The 3 Step Approach to Ketogenic Diet
We understand that adapting to a ketogenic lifestyle may be difficult to achieve at first. With our approach, you will find it much easier to adapt and succeed.
We will guide you from your current diet, where carbohydrates attribute from 45% to 65% of daily calories, to making fats attribute to 75% of your daily calories.
Dr Jerry Hizon’s approach will ease your transition from a high carbohydrate diet by walking you through three different stages to make to full transition to keto easy, attainable, and sustainable.
Beginner Keto Stage
- Eliminate grains, potatoes, sugar, and rice.
(Grains: wheat, oats, barley, and corn)
- Start adding more fat to all of your food
(Eg: if you used to add 1 tbsp of butter add 2 tbsp)
- Have only ONE cheat MEAL per Day.
Intermediate or Low-Carb High-Fat Stage
- Keep daily grams of net carbohydrates below 50 grams (g).
- 60 – 70% of your calories will come from fat
- 30 – 20% of your calories will come from protein
- 10% maximum will come from carbohydrates 20 – 50 g net carbs a day
- No Cheat meals, this will kick you out of ketosis – which could take you several days to get back into.
Advanced Keto Stage
- Keep daily grams of net carbs below 20 g per day
- Start intermittent fasting
Start by moving down breakfast to a later time
Ideally should progress to 18 hour or 24 hour fasts
- You will have the maximum benefits in this stage, but only transition to this stage once you feel accustomed to fasting and eating less carbohydrates